Visitors Map

Older Pet w/bad skin issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Older Pet w/bad skin issues

Post by shiveringpuppy on Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:53 am

What to do when they get normal bloodwork showing it's not any old age disease but have really bad dandruffy/flakey skin? He's already on RAW, boil wild caught human grade salmon scrap daily for omegas with no potato/fruit/veg with sugar in it w/ other supplements. None of the shampoo will stops it so it's all temp fix. It's driving me crazy this mystery. Mad

shiveringpuppy

Back to top Go down

Re: Older Pet w/bad skin issues

Post by Donna on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:29 pm

Odie again??
Donna
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by porshangel on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:38 pm

Raw salmon can be toxic to dogs. Couldn't understand if you feed raw or boiled your post read funny.
I had a blue dobe with dandruff skin his coat was so dry and brittle (Blue Dobes have this problem). I used a human product called alpha keri oil it is a human product but worked well on him. I used to dilute in water a sprayed on him every day and rubbed in. After about a week i seen improvement.
What shampoo's have you tried etc?
What breed is he/ Colour?
What supplments are you feeding?

Back to top Go down

Post by shiveringpuppy on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:35 am

Is a mixture with raw ground meat/organ "usually chicken/beef" and boil salmon. If I do give raw salmon it will be sushi grade and he doesn't like it anyways. Razz Any fish I give him is freshly boil. His coat's fine just the skin sometime greasy *not anymore* dandruff/flakey. Les Pooch, IOD, vet stuff, Espree, Earthbath, Davis....... alot of other....... can't remember I have too many shampoos.

I get discount at work with this company so I use their Longevity and Bug Off Garlic.
http://www.springtimeinc.com/

Every pet react differently to diff stuff anyways so it's pretty impossible to know what works with him and which doesn't.
Rolling Eyes

Anyone have luck with Davis TheraCoat? They won't list what's in it and haven't message me back yet.

study Yea Donna it's poor Mr. Odiepants. Neutral It is Spring over here in the USA so it can also be pollen but it's really hard to say that's 100% of the cause. Suspect

shiveringpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top